I can’t be the only one slightly obsessed with Vogue’s 73 Questions right? This ongoing series where celebrities are challenged to answer 73 rapid-fire questions usually in under 10 minutes has captivated the attention of millions.
But who says it has to just be for celebrities? Inspired by A Lady Goes West blog and her take on Vogue’s 73 Questions, I’d thought I’d give it a try and challenge y’all to get other bloggers in on this!
So without further ado, here we go:
1. What’s your favorite time of day? Dawn. Right before the sun comes up, the birds are chirping, and there’s a crisp breeze in the air.
2. What’s your biggest weakness? Not giving myself enough credit for what I achieve and not being present in the moment.
3. What’s your biggest strength? Being resilient.
4. What’s the biggest learning experience you’ve had? It’s better to be alone than lonely.
5. What’s your idea of a perfect date? Going to a cooking class where we learn to make recipes that we’ve never tried before, eating our creations, then going for a walk along the beach at dusk or night where there’s hopefully fireworks.
6. What’s one vice you wish you could give up? Comparison.
7. What’s a cause that is important to you? Helping people understand that people with disabilities aren’t any different than those without.
8. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received? That I’d make a great mom.
9. When are you the most inspired? In the wee hours of the night when everyone is sleeping and the apartment is so quiet you could hear a pin drop.
10. Sweet or savory? Sweet tooth all the waaaay!
11. What song can you listen to on repeat? Greenlight by Able Heart
12. What makes you smile the most? Babies and Dogs!!!
13. What’s one thing people don’t know about you? Even though I seem like I have my stuff together and nothing can shake me, I’m constantly worrying about messing up and not being good enough.
14. Heels or flats or sneakers? Gah! That’s so tough! Heels if I’m going out or going to work, flats for everyday wear, and sneakers for working out or if I’m running out of the house.
15. Vintage or new? New Vintage ?.
16. What are the three things you can’t live without? My family. Music. My faith
17. Window or aisle seat? Window so I can rest my head against it, even though I’m terrified of looking through it.
18. What’s your current TV character obsession? Not current but Stiles Stilinski from Teen Wolf will always be my obsession.
19. Leather or lace? Lace – it’s girly and sophisticated.
20. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done in your life? Took a gap year before college and spent my time volunteering and traveling.
21. How would you define yourself in three words? Giving. Intelligent. Reliable
22. What’s your current favorite piece of clothing that you own? My graduation dress! It’s an A-line open shoulder shift cream dress with lace at the top. I actually picked it out my first week of college and knew that I had to save it until graduation.
23. What’s a must-have clothing item everyone should own? Some light-washed ripped skinny jeans. You can dress them up or down depending on the occasion.
24. What’s inspiring you in life right now? My personal goals.
25. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received? From my mom, “Never let anybody change your character.”
26. What’s your pet peeve? Where to begin! My biggest is when people smack when they eat. For the love of God please stop sounding like a cow grazing grass!
27. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds!!
28. What’s something you notice about someone when you first meet them? Their style and their smile.
29. What’s your biggest regret? Taking an answer from A Lady Goes West, “not traveling more and being more carefree.”
30. What’s heavily played on your music playlist right now? The Good Vibes playlist on Spotify. Seriously check it out!
31. What’s your favorite board game? LIFE! I have about 4 different versions of it!
32. What’s your guilty pleasure? Taking time for myself and splurging on getting my nails done!
33. What book did you most recently finish? “The Gaelic Otherworld: John Gregorson Campbell’s Superstitions of the Highlands and the Islands of Scotland and Witchcraft and Second Sight in the Highlands and Islands” by John Gregorson Campbell.
34. What are you currently reading? “Running Lean: Iterate from Plan A to a Plan That Works (Lean Series)” by Ash Maurya
35. How do you start your day? Check my phone. Turn on Meditation music. Shower. Make some coffee and breakfast. Relax before heading out for the day or tackling my to-do list.
36. What’s your favorite holiday? Tie between Christmas and Fourth of July.
37. If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be? Selena Gomez – I love her comfy casual looks and her glam wear!
38. If you could switch lives with one person for a day who would it be? Rihanna – I think she’s such an inspiration and the humanitarian work she does is beyond amazing. Doesn’t hurt to be able to run your own company ?
39. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to try but you’ve been too scared to do? Try one of those dance classes where you dance in heels.
40. What’s the one thing you wish you knew at age 19? To try more experiences and be more carefree.
41. Besides your phone or wallet, what’s a couple of must-have purse items? Water, lipgloss, headphones, gum, tissue.
42. If you were not a blogger or group fitness instructor, what would you be doing? A pediatric doctor.
43. What’s something you can’t do? Cut straight with scissors — it’s always wonky and looks like a toddler did it.
44. What’s your dream vacation? Staying in a cabin at the Swiss Alps!
45. What’s one city you’ve always dreamed of traveling to? Wellington, New Zealand.
46. What’s something you always travel with? Passport, charger, laptop, gum.
47. Favorite food? Chinese takeout.
48. Favorite dessert? Snickerdoodle cookies.
49. Favorite snack? Oat and Honey granola.
50. What’s a movie that made you cry? A Walk to Remember.
51. What’s your favorite movie of the last five years? Spectral on Netflix.
52. What’s the one talent you wish you had? To be a polyglot – I’d love to be able to understand and speak multiple languages… like more than 5.
53. What’s your favorite exercise? Sumo Sqaut with Lateral Arm Raise
54. What’s your favorite band? Don’t have one. But I’m currently in love with Lizzo.
55. What’s your favorite fast-food order? Chicken and Broccoli with Garlic Sauce and Brown Rice.
56. What’s something you don’t want to be doing in 10 years? Wondering what I’m doing with my life.
57. What’s the cutest thing on planet earth? Babies and dogs!
58. What’s the best thing that happened this year? Graduating from college and getting accepted to grad school.
59. What’s your favorite cocktail? Moscow Mule.
60. Which movie makes you laugh the hardest? Don’t have one, so leave some suggestions in the comments.
61. Would you ever live anywhere besides NYC? I’d love to live in Washington. I’ve been obsessed with the Pacific Northwest for forever!
62. Dream brunch? I’m a sucker for crêpes so I’d say a strawberry banana crêpe with a vanilla custard cream and a french vanilla chai tea latte. Ugh, that sounds like heaven!
63. What’s your spirit animal? I’d love to say a wolf because they’re my favorite animal and I think I embody some of their characteristics like strength and courage.
Because I’m so curious, I took a “What’s my Spirit Animal Quiz” and actually got a Wolf (if you take the quiz leave your spirit animal in the comments).
64. What’s your favorite thing in the world? Seeing people be kind and helping one another… ohh and military homecoming videos! I’m always crying happy tears!!
65. What’s your favorite color? Jagged Ice — aka the main color of my blog
66. What color clothing do you wear most? Not a color, but stripes. I’m pretty sure I own every color in stripes.
67. What are three words to describe living in New York City? Expensive. Crowded. Exciting.
68. Do you like surprises? Not particularly. I love surprising other people though… I know, highly ironic.
69. What’s one thing you had to learn the hard way? To set up boundaries early on.
70. What’s something you’re tired of? Hearing people overly complain. Nothing wrong with lamenting about your day every once and a while, but constantly doing it is a little too much.
71. Who do you turn to when you’re sad? My mom or keep it to myself.
72. What’s a trend you would like to see disappear forever? Using text lingo in real life. Please stop—my English grammar self can’t take it.
73. What did you want to do with your life at age 12? Be a teacher. I love seeing the excitement on kids faces when they learn and understand a concept! Decorating a classroom would be fun too!
Whew —we’re done! If you’ve made it this far, thanks for sticking around ? and make sure to share this with other bloggers too!
What was your favorite question and answer?
I like that advice your mom told you, “never let anyone change your character”, that’s brilliant! Congratulations on graduating and getting accepted to grad school, that’s an exciting accomplishment!?? O, I’ve been blasting Lizzo’s music over the summer, she’s such a queen. I think keeping water and lip gloss in your handbag are excellent must-have items too. I enjoyed learning a bit more about you, this was fun to read? thanks for sharing✌??
Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com
Thanks for taking the time to read it – I know it was a little long!
– Momma’s usually know best
– Almost wish I could go back to undergrad
– Lizzo is who my inner-self inspires to be
– I’d keep my bag stocked with helpful goodies if I could
I honestly had so much fun writing this and hope you get to write one too!