When it comes to having a blast, ya really can’t do it without a saying we’ve heard all our lives…“Time flies when you’re having fun!”
While the times may be different, we can still find fun in summer! The spirit of entertaining, new adventures, and freedom to enjoy longer daylight hours, is something enough to get excited about. This is especially true now that most of the nation is easing up on pandemic restrictions.
As the country dips its toes into this transition, we can still do our part to usher in a happy summer by continuing to respect people’s choices about whether or not folks still want to mask up or have appropriate distancing while out in public. We never know what other people’s situation is (health, emotional, or otherwise) so let’s all try and be mindful as we all try and enjoy this long-awaited summer.
With that in mind, enjoy the season of sunshine, let your hair down, and create a list of amusing things to do and enjoy!
Here’s a few from my own list to get you started. See how many you can check off or add!
- Visit a local fair
- Make fresh lemon water or lemonade
- Go on a hike or a nature walk
- Waterguns, bubble blowers, and kites… get in touch with your inner child
- Eat shaved ice, go out for ice-cream, or go out for fro-yo
- Make a summer music playlist
- Have yourself a picnic or eat lunch outside
- Take a mid-day nap
- Go on a road trip even if it’s just a town over by car or train, or a few blocks away by walking a new route
- Watch the sunrise
- Gaze at the stars (binoculars optional)
- Unplug from technology
- Tie-dye clothing
- Go to an outdoor concert or festival
- Buy a small plant
- Visit a museum
- Have a bonfire
- Pick a summer read book in a new genre
- Make a slip ‘n’ slide (add bubbles for some extra fun)
- Have a fruit salad or smoothie
- Cheer on your favorite team during the Summer Olympics…pom poms and all (Go Team USA)
- Go bike riding
- Visit a nearby zoo or aquarium
- Go wine tasting on a sunny afternoon. No winery? No problem! Chill a few inexpensive bottles and lightly sip away
- Watch a firework show
Want some more summer fun? Check out some of my other summer-related articles!